Having regard to the Convention on the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development of 14th December 1960 and, in particular, to Articles 2(d), 3 and 5(a) thereof;
HAVING REGARD to the Resolution of the Council of 21st January 1975 Establishing a Committee on International Investment and Multinational Enterprises and, in particular, to paragraph 2 thereof [Doc. No. C(74) 247(Final)];
TAKING NOTE of the Declaration by the Governments of OECD Member countries of 21st June 1976 in which they jointly recommend to multinational enterprises the observance of guidelines for multinational enterprises;
RECOGNISING the desirability of setting forth procedures by which consultations may take place on matters related to these guidelines;
On the proposal of the Committee on International Investment and Multinational Enterprises;
1. The Committee on International Investment and Multinational Enterprises (hereinafter called the "Committee") shall periodically or at the request of a Member country hold an exchange of views on matters related to the guidelines and the experience gained in their application. The Committee shall periodically report to the Council on these matters.
2. The Committee shall periodically invite the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to OECD (BIAC) and the Trade Union Advisory Committee to OECD (TUAC) to express their views on matters related to the guidelines and shall take account of such views in its reports to the Council.
3. On the proposal of a Member country the Committee may decide whether individual enterprises should be given the opportunity, if they so wish, to express their views concerning the application of the guidelines. The Committee shall not reach conclusions on the conduct of individual enterprises.
4. Member countries may request that consultations be held in the Committee on any problem arising from the fact that multinational enterprises are made subject to conflicting requirements. Governments concerned will co-operate in good faith with a view to resolving such problems, either within the Committee or through other mutually acceptable arrangements.
5. This Decision shall be reviewed within a period of three years. The Committee shall make proposals for this purpose as appropriate.